Nestle Hiring Food Science Quality Specialist – Apply Online
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
They are determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Job Title: Quality Specialist – PM Shift
Job Id -21005021
Primary Location US-IN-Indianapolis-Anderson
B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or another related field, required.
- Preferably 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in the food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Effective and influential verbal and written communication skills.
- You will prioritize multiple assignments to be detailed and accurate.
- Lead results and perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Good mathematical (basic statistical skills helpful), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.), and mainframe system with custom applications preferred.
You will perform a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical, physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Manages finished goods positive release, net contents, and sensory program. Records statistical data. Analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards. Recommends modifications to exist, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures. Works closely with the Quality Team to help identity, seek and prevent problems affecting quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Releasing or holding finished product from production, PD, and TAG for retail and institutional sale
- Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released
- Track non-prime inventory
- Report all key measurements information for the department
- Report out finished product scrap
- Involved in trace and recall procedures
- Support traceability exercises
- Learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the GLOBE QM module of SAP
- Responsible for hold product and rework documentation review and disposition.
- Support for all outside warehouses
- Responsible for allergen and coding maintenance
- You will support production in decisions related to quality and food safety
- Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor
- Conducts mentoring and training to employees
- You will identify gaps in procedures or processes
- Participates in and/or lead continuous improvement activities such as DMAIC and GSTD
Attends SHOs, DORs and WORs
- Responsible for changes in procedures and QMS
- Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up of alerts
- Maintain consumer complaint awareness through distribution of top complaints about production lines
- Leads consumer complaint team and follow-up
- Runs Foreign Bodies Task Force
- Daily Review of HACCP documentation on Shop Floor
- Daily Behaviour Based Quality observations
- Responsible for follow-up activities motivated by Internal Audit Team and Third-Party Audits
- Conducts special projects as assigned
- Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices.
- Interprets data and reports on-trend and data analysis to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plans (ICPs) on a required frequency.
- Coordinates laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares and interprets reports for use by management. Reviews or writes procedures and work instructions
- Support laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in the laboratory and other analytical areas.
- Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry, reporting, etc.
- Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of off- and online sensory, and test methods.
- Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestlé requirements while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key Performance Indicators in the lab.
- Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with QMS, including storage and retrieval.
- Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality, and food safety requirements and advance quality or food safety findings or incidents.
Communicates Quality and Food Safety briefs to assigned line operation teams.
- To be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement!
Other duties as assigned by manager.
Nestle Hiring Food Science