2022 Analytical R&D Intern at Merck, Apply Online
2022 Analytical R&D Intern at Merck, Apply Online. Merck 2022 Analytical R&D Intern. We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
2022 Analytical Research & Development Intern
Location: Rahway, New Jersey, United States Of America
Employment Type: Full Time
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its legacy for over a century. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our company is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Our Research & Development Division is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take our company’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule, vaccines, and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Our Research & Development Division’s Analytical Research and Development department in Rahway, NJ, Kenilworth, NJ, West Point, PA, Boston, MA, and South San Francisco, CA are seeking summer interns who will work collaboratively in a team environment at our state-of-the-art laboratories to develop novel analytical methodologies that impact drug substance and drug product development. Day-to-day research for the intern will focus on solving key challenges in product and process characterization.
The summer interns will be exposed to:
- Core instrumentation critical for modern analysis of small molecules, biologics, and/or vaccines, for manufacturing process characterization, and for determination of drug substance and/or drug product chemical, physical, and biological attributes.
- Fundamentals of analytical, physical, and biological chemistry method development necessary to solve problems as a member of an integrated team in support of the small and large molecule pipeline at our company.
- The Analytical Research & Development Department will expose the intern to various expert groups in the areas of screening and high-throughput analysis, molecular and physical materials characterization, structural elucidation including high end mass spectrometry and NMR techniques, separation-based techniques, assays for interrogating critical attributes of drug products, immunoassays, cell-based assays, labeled-compound analyses, trace metals analyses, and advanced statistical and data analytics/ machine learning processes, further broadening their experience.
The interns in Analytical R&D will also participate in departmental and project team meetings to provide a broad perspective on the drug development process in the pharmaceutical industry. The interns will be responsible for accurate electronic notebook recording of experimental details and for analysis and interpretation of data that may be used for internal or external scientific publications which may follow from the internship. Interns will have the opportunity to gain further knowledge and skill sets via refinement of laboratory skills, introduction to new analytical techniques, exposure to current challenges in analytical research, and perspective on the practical aspects of drug development. In addition, the intern student will have an opportunity to present their research results in both oral and written formats.
We are seeking intern candidates at all academic levels (undergraduate and graduate) with strong academic performance, communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to work in a multi- functional environment.
Locations: West Point, PA; Rahway, NJ; Kenilworth, NJ; Boston, MA; South San Francisco, CA
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be a currently enrolled student pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology (e.g. Cell Biology, Virology), Biochemistry, Chemical/Biological Engineering, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related discipline.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) consecutive weeks beginning in May or June of 2022.
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) years of studies toward bachelor’s degree by June 2022.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have significant interest in analytical sciences for small molecules, vaccines, and/or biologics.
- Candidates should have basic laboratory skills and research experience, such as: lab notebook recording, use of analytical instrumentation, analysis and interpretation of data, and safe lab practices.
- Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.