Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for this program:
Nestlé USA’s Factory Management Development Program (FMDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this program will allow trainees to gain experience in various factory functions including Engineering and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, Manufacturing Excellence, Production, Safety, Health & Environmental, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
Within the first six months of the program, our trainee spend time in all of the functional areas listed above to understand how each of these areas interacts with the Quality Assurance team. Following the rotation portion, our trainee have the opportunity to experience a unique breadth of work within their functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within their current factory.
As a Quality Assurance trainee, you will be immersed in a highly technical and quality-focused production environment and play a key role in achieving our standards of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. Collaborating with your mentors and peers is essential in this role, as they will help you demonstrate your new business knowledge to assure quality standards and provide leadership to your team.
You are the future leader of our business! This program is designed to put you on the fast track to a management position within one of our factories.
- Perform quality assurance and control for production, quality assurance, and food safety
- Demonstrate proficiency of the Nestlé Quality Management System
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives across the factory
- Gain experience working with all three shifts and participate in relevant shift/team meetings
- Little Chute, WI, Springville, UT, Burlington, WI, Gaffney, SC or Jacksonville, IL for duration program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or other related discipline
- Completion of the required degree by June 2022
- GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
- Prior internship or co-op experience; manufacturing experience; student organization and/or other leadership experience preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Willing to relocate to any Nestlé USA factory after completing the program
- Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
- Comfortable leading people in various capacities in a factory
- Open to working in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
- Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
- Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations
- Relocation package throughout the program