2023 CoOp PepsiCo Supply Chain Intern Vacancy
Just because this role looks like it’s located in Purchase, NY doesn’t mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Intern hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
Title: 2023 CoOp PepsiCo Supply Chain
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Department: Supply Chain
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management (other related majors will be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- The position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
Recent intern projects have included:
- As part of our program, we aim to provide an experience designed for you to gain functional knowledge of supply chain and an opportunity to achieve results through the completion of a real-world supply chain-based project.
- Working closely with our supply chain professionals to share strategies, data, and experience what it is like to be a supply chain leader at PepsiCo.
- Identifying process efficiencies and solutions to implement within our manufacturing and warehousing businesses. Some examples include: reducing waste, improving safety, improving frontline performance, analyzing/optimizing line efficiency and output, or improving compliance to standards.
- Developing interpersonal and communication skills to successfully lead a frontline workgroup.
The goal of PepsiCo’s Operations co-op program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. Ultimately, we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. During this co-op you may have exposure leading teams of hourly associates, implementing and managing leading-edge manufacturing and distribution technology, as well as process flow design and mapping, productivity measures, time studies, data collection and computational analyses within the production and operations areas of our facilities. Additionally, you will have opportunities to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets.
What you can expect:
- Experience various assignments in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Planning, Transportation Engineering, Customer Integration, Commercialization, and Supply Chain Strategy.
- Ability to move rapidly through increasing levels of responsibility, including managerial positions, based on performance.
- Access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!