2023 Summer Intern: R&D Intern @ PepsiCo – Apply Now
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, they make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering, Food Science, Agriculture or related degree
- Must graduate with final Bachelor’s within one (1) year of internship completion
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Familiarity with data science preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
- Bachelor’s degree: Candidates should be completing at least their first year of studies
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- As a R&D Engineer (product or process engineer), you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo’s portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
- As a R&D Food Scientist, you will participate in the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, and product optimization and production start-up across a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
- As a R&D Global Functions Specialist, you will participate in providing the framework surrounding these four pillars: Compliance, R&D Data and Systems, and Technology Ventures and Global PMO. Within those pillars you could work within the following teams: Quality, Sensory, Food Safety, Data Intelligence and Management Analytics, External Innovation, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Product Crisis & Incident Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Nutrition Science, or Microbiology.
2023 Summer Intern: R&D