2023 Summer Intern – Sequencing Systems – RED – Roche
The Summer at Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience. Interns enjoy opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees throughout our organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization.
By leveraging the education you have already received, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
- Pleasanton, California, United States of America
- Santa Clara, California, United States of America
- Targeting undergraduate students majoring in Biology or any other related career
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during the program calendar year 2023.
- STEM based education with laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of tools such as Python coding, pipetting, statistical modeling
- Desire GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Previous work experience preferred.
- Student organization and/or study abroad experiences are a plus.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Program highlights
- Intensive full-time (40 hours per week), 12-week paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May and June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
- Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the Roche Young Professionals Business Resource Group.
- Access to on-site fitness and wellness center (subject to change).
Facts & Figures:
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with 100,000 employees worldwide.
10 Diagnostics locations throughout the US.
#1 market leader for in-vitro diagnostics.
In 2021, launched 22 tests and solutions for COVID-19.
This internship position is located in Pleasanton or Santa Clara on site.
- The Molecular Diagnostics Research and Early Development organization is responsible for evaluating and developing new technologies for novel diagnostic systems.
- This position will be be part of the team developing next generation immuno-assays. You will prepare samples, conduct experiments, and present results.
- You should be comfortable working in a lab environment.
2023 Summer Intern