Abbott Biology Research Associate Vacancy – Apply Online
The position of RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I is within our Cardiometabolic Business Unit. Under general supervision, the scope of this position is responsible for assisting senior scientific staff in carrying out moderately complex research assignments involving a variety of laboratory methods, equipment, and procedures.
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: UNITED STATES – CALIFORNIA – SAN DIEGOCATEGORY RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- BA/BS in biology, chemistry, physics, or related field with laboratory coursework directly applicable to duties.
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out laboratory/research assignments with general guidance in an accurate, effective manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and willing to take on multiple new tasks and responsibilities.
- Independent collaborative self-starter with the ability to make appropriate quality-related decisions in real-time.
- Process orientated, logical, analytical, meticulous, highly organized, and able to analyze data and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment while satisfying individual responsibilities and objectives.
- Able to work with a variety of people on multiple tasks.
- Carry out assigned laboratory functions applying knowledge and skill in an accurate, timely manner.
- Conduct moderately complex experimentation including data collection, summary, and analysis, in support of department research projects and guidelines.
- Perform specialized tasks as trained in an independent fashion, requiring minimal ongoing direction. Assist in the establishment of procedures and research methodologies.
- Maintain records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional, accurate manner.
- Generate oral and written reports as necessary and directed to summarize laboratory activities and projects.
- Operate complex laboratory equipment and perform routine maintenance/repair. Interface with contracted repair technicians.
- Provide recommendations and observations to senior scientific staff on results of projects/tasks. Assist in the formulation of research strategies and tactics.
- Operate equipment and conduct tasks in a safe manner, adhering to established guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Work involving blood or other potentially infectious materials may be required.
- Knowledgeable of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSR’s, ISO, ISO 13485, CMDR
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation, and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification, and validation, manufacturing, and testing activities.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
Abbott Biology Research Associate