Abzena Bioconjugation Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
Abzena invites postgraduate biochemistry candidates for the post of bioconjugation scientist. Scientist job opening 2021. Biochemistry scientist job opening 2021. BS Biochemistry job opening 2021. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Bioconjugation Scientist
Location: Bristol, PA, USA
- BS/MS (5+ years exp.) or Ph.D. (1-5 years exp.) in biochemistry, chemistry, protein chemistry or related discipline
- Possess a strong background in the theory and practice of bioorganic and protein chemistry
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate a thorough understanding of protein chemistry, protein handling, purification and characterization.
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to perform assigned tasks through rigorous data collection and applying analytical tests and instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Expertise in the purification and characterization of proteins and protein conjugates using applicable modern techniques. Comfortable with routine use of HPLC, LC/MS, FPLC (affinity purification, size exclusion chromatography, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, etc.), SDS-PAGE, and UV-VIS spectroscopy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for contributing to the optimization and development of bioconjugation techniques and related processes, including but not limited to the areas of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), protein-drug conjugates, conjugated vaccine, Fluorescent-Probe Bioconjugation, and Protein-Protein cross-linking.
Typical Duties Include:
- Planning of synthetic routes/strategies, the execution and delivery of bioconjugation projects for Abzena’s clients.
- Preparation, purification and characterization of all materials including the protein and the drug molecules.
- Maintaining clear and current records of their work within a laboratory notebook and performing all applicable analytical work.
- Contribute to the planning of conjugation routes, the execution and delivery (in a timely manner) of conjugation projects assigned to support Abzena’s clients.
- Design and execute a multiple-step synthesis of pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, cytotoxins, and high-value organic compounds while maintaining accurate notebooks, documents, and project reports.
- Develop synthetic methodologies to prepare client’s approval in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Conduct literature searches and prepare viable conjugation schemes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to stand/walk during the entire length of shift. Use of arms, hands, and fingers to handle, feel, or reach. Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and ability to focus.
Abzena Bioconjugation Scientist Vacancy