Agios Pharmaceuticals Internship, Biology – Apply Online
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a dynamic summer intern to join Biology team for supporting our drug discovery study targeting genetically defined diseases. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a directed project, gaining hands on experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques required for drug discovery. The intern will closely work with biologists in lab and learn how to design, perform, analyze, and interpret experimental data for the drug discovery. The intern will conduct in-vitro and cell-based assays to assess the effects of disease-modifying compounds on disease cell models. The candidate should be highly motivated and have a strong interest in biological processes, such as disease progression.
- Execute a series of in vitro experiments with reproducible results
- Work hands-on mammalian cell culture, assay operation and data analysis
- Perform molecular biology experiments to characterize novel drug target proteins
- Conduct cell-based assay, Western blot, immunofluorescence, and real-time qPCR
Minimum Requirements for Agios Pharmaceuticals Internship
- Candidates must be Undergraduate, Graduate or Professional student in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology or a related field
- Candidates must have completed at least (2) years of studies toward a bachelor’s degree by June 2020 and be authorized to work in the United States.
- The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant should demonstrate an excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in the Biology related field. (Minimum GPA: 3.0 /4.0)