Agri Beef Quality Assurance Intern Recruitment – Applications Invited
Agri Beef Quality Assurance Intern Recruitment – Applications Invited. The son of a San Francisco banker, Robert Rebholtz, Sr. is an unlikely cowboy. As a child, Bob spent his summers working at a Basque lamb operation in Stockton, CA. It is here he developed his passion of ranching and livestock that would shape the course of his life.
Quality Assurance Intern
Job Category: Professional
Requisition Number: QUALI01807
Posted: April 23, 2021
Locations: Washington Beef Toppenish, WA, USA
We offer a challenging team atmosphere and the understanding that our employees help to shape the future for our business and our industry. Washington Beef, LLC is the production entity of Agri Beef’s AB Foods. We are seeking intern candidates for a Quality Assurance internship in our Toppenish, WA location.
This internship opportunity offers hands-on work in each Washington Beef production division. The Intern works with a diverse management team including the disciplines of production, quality assurance, sales, maintenance, sanitation, and information technology. This program will provide a unique opportunity to augment college course work with practical work experience.
The program scope consists of working with food safety, quality assurance, and regulatory programs in the Processing (Slaughter), Fabrication, and Value-Added Products production divisions.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct quality assurance and food safety audits in the production process
- Conduct validation studies at various points in the production process
- Other special projects as assigned
- Meet Junior or Senior level student in Meat Science, Food Science or Agriculture (preferred)
- Proficient in M.S. Office
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to relocate Summer 2021 (May – August, dependent on school term)
Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Meat Science or Food Science.