Agropur Cooperative R&D Intern, Applications Invited
Agropur Cooperative R&D Intern, Applications Invited. Agropur Cooperative, founded in 1938, is a North American dairy industry leader with sales of $7.7 billion in 2020. The Cooperative is a movement that embraces 15,000 families in Canada, the US and around the world.
Research & Development Intern
- USA Minnesota Eden Prairie
- USA Idaho Jerome
- USA Wisconsin Appleton
- USA South Dakota Lake Norden
- USA Minnesota Le Sueur
- USA Iowa Hull
Job ID: JR13463
Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur’s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. “Better Dairy. Better World.” www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for Research & Development Interns in Le Sueur, MN, Jerome, ID, Eden Prairie, MN, Lake Norden, SD, Hull, IA and Appleton, WI.
The Research & Development Intern, under the direction of various site-specific staff and management, is assigned to short term R&D projects, conducting experiments and performing testing. The responsibilities of the R&D Intern vary based on assignments and department needs
- Conduct experiments.
- Perform sample preparation and testing.
- Record, collate, evaluate and interpret experimental data; converting into relevant reports.
- Gather, accurately document and analyze R&D data.
- Learn to successfully operate all relevant equipment.
- Work on projects to improve process, plant and/or employee efficiencies.
- Collect follow-up data to determine the effectiveness of implemented process improvements.
- Acquire current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws related to R&D in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to run an efficient R&D department.
- Successfully pass any assessments or tests required to work within the R&D department.
- Summarize and present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of internship, if applicable.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s program in a Food Science, Dairy Science, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Food Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering or Chemical Engineering program as a candidate for graduation.
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
What we offer you:
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for future employment opportunities at Agropur
- Training program
- Community Involvement