Amazon Biological Science Research Scientist Recruitment 2021
Amazon is looking for a Research Scientist to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new, best-in-class product. Our team is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and is organized like a startup.
Are you a biochemistry research scientist? We are a passionate team of doers that apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems and transform our customers’ experiences in ways we cannot even imagine yet. As a Research Scientist, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for customers, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CACupertino, California
- Collaborate to define product specifications and protocols
- Iterate through experimentation to identify optimal parameters
- Identify and qualify new materials
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement, and harmonize solutions
Here at Amazon, they embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Their team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Their team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree required in biological or chemical sciences
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in molecular biology knowledge
- Master’s degree required in biological or chemical sciences
- Experience with defining research and development practices in a regulated environment
- Excitement for hands-on work
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy in order to interface with all levels and disciplines within our organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
Amazon Biological Science Research