Amazon Food Science & Microbiology Job Vacancy – Food Safety Manager
Amazon is looking for an experienced Food Safety Manager to join our team, to focus on food safety, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company! Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Food Safety Manager, Private Brands Product Safety & Compliance
Job ID: 2028595
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Nutrition, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related field.
- 1+ years of experience managing food safety, quality, and compliance
- Experience using knowledge of food safety regulations (local, state, FDA, USDA)
- Experience using risk assessment skills (regulatory requirements, safety, and compliance risks)
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
- Experience working collaboratively AND independently and autonomously
- Program management experience
- Master’s Degree in Food Science, Food Nutrition, Food Safety, Microbiology or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in managing food safety, quality, and compliance in a manufacturing environment, scientific field, or equivalent.
- Competency in U.S. Food Law and familiarity with both USDA and FDA regulated products
- In-depth knowledge of GFSI standards and how they relate to each other.
- Experience working with suppliers (international & domestic)
- Experience working in various consumable industries
- Track record of implementing food safety programs within a business
- Demonstrated ability to make high-judgment decisions under pressure
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, high-judgment decision-making experience
- Design food safety and compliance policies, risk assessments, and white papers
- Working with business, legal, and other cross-functional teams, define food safety compliance controls to ensure risk mitigation and regulatory compliance requirements are achieved/exceeded.
- Work with Legal to provide food safety and compliance direction to business teams and stakeholders
- Write and edit business review documents to update business stakeholders about Food Safety and Compliance initiatives and the performance of their respective business
- Keep abreast of emerging food safety issues/news in the food industry and regulatory agencies that impact online retail and provide potential solutions to the leadership team
A day in the life
- Identify opportunities, influence business teams, and stakeholders to gain support for food safety, and overcome resistance by creating strong, persuasive, balanced positions through the use of data.
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Visualize and drive end-to-end process requirements, program implementation, and continuous improvement, working through obstacles along the way
- Communicate food safety and compliance expectations and requirements with business leaders, and all cross-functional support teams at all levels of the organization.
- Write reasoned and data-driven white papers, leveraging science, research, industry benchmarking, and trends where necessary.
Amazon Food Science