Amgen Molecular Biology Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online
Amgen Molecular Biology Scientist You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Job Title: Scientist – Molecular Biology, Protein Technologies
Location: US – California – South San Francisco
Doctorate degree OR Master’s degree and 4 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- Doctorate degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, and 2+ years Postdoctoral experience
- Detailed knowledge and proven skills in molecular biology techniques such as construct design, cloning, and vector engineering for recombinant protein expression
- Experience with protein engineering, structure-based design, de novo protein design or NGS is highly desirable
- Experience in automation, high throughput cloning, and microbial or mammalian expression is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication and or patent record
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
What you will do
- Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. Amgen’s Therapeutic Discovery organization is seeking a Scientist to join the Protein Technologies group at our South San Francisco site. Protein Technologies is responsible for designing, planning and executing on the generation of key enabling reagents to support early discovery of small and large molecule therapeutics and ground-breaking modalities.
- In joining the Molecular Biology group you will apply comprehensive molecular biology, protein, and antibody engineering techniques to design and generate DNA constructs used for making proteins and cell lines for discovery and pipeline projects, including antibodies, bio-specifics, and membrane proteins.
Responsibilities will include:
- Independent, creative design and optimization of constructs
- Apply automation and data management software to clone large panel of engineered proteins and novel constructs for multiple projects
- Interact closely with and handoff gene constructs to the downstream stakeholders;
- Provide a leadership role in evaluating and bringing in new cutting-edge technologies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a result-oriented individual with these qualifications.