Amgen R&D Undergrad Internship – Data Analysis (Protein Chemistry)
Amgen R&D Undergrad Internship – Data Analysis (Protein Chemistry). Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
UNDERGRAD INTERN – R&D (PROTEIN CHEMISTRY)
Location: US, CA, Los Angeles
Job ID: R-114390
Post Date: April 7, 2021
DATA ANALYSIS INTERN – PROTEIN CHEMISTRY
THIS COULD BE YOUR EVERYDAY
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will help the Biologics Optimization Protein Chemistry group meet the challenges of our increasingly higher throughput and molecule complexity by contributing to the development of an industry-leading, machine learning based, automated chromatogram integration tool. This high-resolution tool will be instrumental in accelerating Biologics research. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing high quality, comprehensive training data sets;
- Applying these training data sets to validate new analysis models;
- Providing valuable feedback for continuous improvement;
- Developing a new, robust testing data set to validate the models for accuracy;
- Collaborating with Biologics Optimization and Data Science colleagues to develop this innovative solution.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The exceptional individual we seek is highly motivated and has these qualifications.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at
Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Degree Concentration(s) in: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Highly motivated, independent and eager to broaden their data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong ability to independently analyze data and synthesize key results
- Detail oriented and analytical minded
- Proficient with Excel and Powerpoint
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
- As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience, and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
FOR AN INTERNSHIP THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
CAREERS.AMGEN.COM. PLEASE SEARCH FOR KEYWORD 114390
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.