Analyst Jobs for Microbiology Graduates – Microbiology Jobs in Canada
Analyst Jobs for Microbiology Graduates – Microbiology Jobs in Canada. SGS – We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Wherever you are, whatever your industry, our experts worldwide provide specialized solutions to make your business faster, simpler, and more efficient.
Job Posting: Analyst, Microbiology Level 1
Job Location: 145 Konrad Crescent, Markham, ON L3R 9T9, Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- Perform basic microbiology testing such as but not limited to Microbial Limits Testing, water testing, swab testing, identification, and other microbiological testing methods.
- Prepare media and perform Growth Promotion testing. Prepare test solutions, samples, and or reagents as needed.
- Manage media and reagents supplies
- Maintain good housekeeping, schedule and monitor housekeeping activities
- Execute and perform testing as per methods independently, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order. Prepare reports and record data in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date work order documentation and complete work order documentation in every respect before submission to the Department Manager/Group Leader to ensure valid outcome/results.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order; perform calibrations and qualifications as required
- Strictly follows the latest approved version of methods, SOPs, Deviations and Change Control Programs and CGMP guidelines.
- Education: BSc. in Microbiology-related fields or equivalent experience or training.
- Experience: Over 1 year of relevant laboratory work experience required or equivalent lab experience through education.
- Knowledge of techniques in a microbiology discipline, e.g.
- Ability to perform routine bench and instrumental analysis
- Ability to understand assay methods
- A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation and procedures
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate manner
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.