Discover the Secrets of Liquid Handling with Application Scientist Jobs
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is a leading organization in the field of life sciences research and automation. With a legacy of over 80 years, we are dedicated to empowering scientists and healthcare professionals in their quest to find answers to the most pressing scientific and healthcare challenges. As part of the Danaher family, we work collaboratively to accelerate the discovery, development, and delivery of solutions that safeguard and enhance human health.
Job role – Sr. Application Scientist, Liquid Handling
We are currently seeking a Senior Applications Scientist, Liquid Handling to support our Automation Business Unit. In this role, you will be responsible for developing advanced automated methods and providing support for complex Drug Discovery, Proteomics, and Genomics workflows. Your expertise in life sciences research, automation, and programming will be instrumental in performing chemistry characterization, scoping, method development, optimization, and troubleshooting of automated genomics applications. Additionally, you will contribute to strategic marketing initiatives by generating scientific content for various commercial organizations within Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. This position is located at our Indianapolis, Indiana facility. Application Scientist Jobs.
- Develop automated proteomic, drug discovery, and genomics applications on automation platforms based on customer needs.
- Design, write, demonstrate, and sustain automated methods on liquid handling instrumentation in alignment with the Liquid Handling Product Line product management team’s objectives.
- Create research plans, design workflows and procedures.
- Produce sales and marketing materials such as posters, presentations, training, and application notes for automated genomic solutions.
- Deliver automated methods and corresponding collateral on time and with regularity.
- Ph.D., Master’s degree with 2+ years, or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of direct industry experience in life sciences.
- Strong knowledge in Proteomics, Biologics, and Molecular biology.
- Experience in programming and operating automated liquid handlers is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing experimental plans.
- Ability to work independently and follow research procedures.
Preferred Skills: Application Scientist Jobs
- Attention to detail, with a focus on automation proof of principle testing and documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Note – This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.