Aryzta Food Labeling Analyst Vacancy – Candidates Apply Online
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. They provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®.
Job Title: Food Labeling & Regulatory Analyst
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
The education, technical qualifications, experience, and competencies are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, preferably in Food Science, Nutrition, Food Technology or related discipline – Masters or Registered Dietician a plus or sufficient experience in the food industry to cover the technical skills needed.
- Minimum 3 years food industry manufacturing or Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) experience including food labeling.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and leaders.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in computer applications, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Adobe, and nutritional database/software program.
- Must have familiarity with US and Canadian food labeling regulations – knowledge and application.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and accomplish team objectives.
- Capable of independently managing projects and a challenging workload amid shifting priorities.
- Ability to support company initiatives and policies.
- Bilingual Spanish or knowledge of written Spanish a plus.
- Bilingual French or knowledge of written French a plus.
- Familiar with the National Labeling Education Act, including 2018 NFP requirements.
- Knowledge/expertise in US FDA Food Labelling Regulations.
- Knowledge/expertise in Canadian Food Labelling Regulations.
- Knowledge of requirements for Bioengineering, Organic, Proposition 65, non-GM, Kosher, and Halal.
- Experience with international regulations is a plus.
- Familiarity with SAP and SharePoint computer applications
- Familiarity with Nutritional database/software programs
- Familiarity with label-creation programs (e.g. NiceLabel, EasyLabel)
The Food Labeling & Regulatory Analyst has the primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with applicable food labeling regulations and customer requirements.
The Food Labeling & Regulatory Analyst is accountable for adherence and implementation of regulatory programs. The Food Labeling & Regulatory Analyst ensures specifications and labels are in compliance with regulatory, customer, and industry best practices. The Food Labeling & Regulatory Analyst reports to a Regulatory Manager.
- Responsible for understanding all applicable food regulations (national, state, and local) and ensuring recipes, labels and labeling meet all applicable regulations.
- Reviews product labels and packaging to ensure compliance with Canadian and/or US labeling regulations.
- Manages regulatory review process for new and reformulated products and contributes to the maintenance of existing products.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Finished Food Specifications (FFS) and maintenance of product specification library on SharePoint.
- Assists Marketing and Sales with the preparation of labelling materials (Sell Sheets, websites, Point-of-Sale materials) and preparation of other required documents as needed (FFS, customer specs, etc.).
- Utilizes Genesis and/or other nutritional systems in preparation of product specifications, and contributes to the maintenance of ingredient database within Genesis.
- Critically reviews technical documentation for new and existing ingredients for compliance with regulatory, customer, and claim requirements.
- Interacts with outside organizations to ensure compliance with all set criteria, including Kosher, Halal, Non-GMO, Organic, Whole Grain, and other programs as needed.
Support bakeries with regulatory and specification information for GFSI, third-party audits, and customer audits.
- Supports and participates in new product development projects for customers and works with Innovation, Commercialization, and Operations to define and improve product specifications.
- Provides regulatory input for customer portals and data requests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 90% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will work at a desk in front of a computer.
Aryzta Food Labeling Analyst