Avantor Biology Quality Control Technician Vacancy – Apply Online
QC Laboratory is looking into taking over some of the testing production is currently doing, such as Osmolality and sterility testing. Under moderate supervision, responsible for completing product quality checks. Conducts routine testing and analysis of production work. Quality checks are typically reviewed for accuracy. Documents quality control issues as needed.
Job Title: Quality Control Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline with knowledge and experience in one of the following areas: Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology
- 0-3 years of laboratory experience in a related field
- Wet chemistry experience preferred (ex. Acid/Base Titrations, water content)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Must have applied working knowledge of various laboratory instrumentation
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision, have demonstrated ability to follow through on multiple projects, and be goal-oriented with a strong desire for achievement
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
The QC Laboratory Technician role in Sanborn is responsible for the following:
- Performing the following tests: bioburden, endotoxin, Dnase, Rnase, Protease, Titrations, KFT, FTIR, Absorbance, and Cell Toxicity Testing in order to release product from the Sanborn SIte.
- Review for discrepancies in data, manufacturer COA, COC, and perform data verification in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in being compliant with ICH Q7.
- Follow and adhere to cGLP’s, cGMP’s and all safety regulations as they apply to the laboratory and work areas.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition by following daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning practices.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory instrumentation.
- Observe proper documentation practices.
- Works closely with internal departments, including performing special test requests, and work with customer service to assure commitment to the customer is met in a timely manner.
- Observes Practice vs. Procedure to make sure that Work Instructions and Quality Control Methods are up to date.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- In addition, QC Laboratory Technicians will be taking over the monthly water sampling.
Avantor Biology Quality Control