Baxter Intern – Pharma Analytical Chemist Recruitment, Apply Online
Baxter Intern – Pharma Analytical Chemist Recruitment, Apply Online. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Intern, Pharma Analytical Chemist
Req #: JR – 048793
Location: Round Lake, Illinois
Job Category: Administrative
Date posted: 09/06/2021
Baxter offers a robust summer internship program based in the Chicagoland area that provides meaningful work assignments and projects that immerse students in Baxter’s culture designed to provide practical work experience highlighting what an individual would do in a similar full-time role with the ability to make a business impact. You’ll be paired with a mentor, receive support from your manager, and have access to the entire Baxter employee community to ensure your success. We’ll help you have fun outside of work with outings to sporting events, community service opportunities, networking events with Baxter leaders, and other activities.
Baxter Pharmaceuticals Global Business Unit strives to advance the safety and efficacy in the preparation and delivery of IV pharmaceuticals. The Advanced Analytical team within Pharmaceuticals R&D is responsible for the characterization of new drug products using state-of-the-art analytical techniques. Several of the new and existing drug products in Baxter’s portfolio are low concentration premixes or complex formulations that present unique analytical challenges. The Advanced Analytical team is looking to innovate and implement novel approaches to increase sensitivity while unitizing the latest MS instrumentation. The goal of this project is to assist senior scientists in the development of new analytical methods for sensitive detection of API-related impurities and extractives & leachables. The internship student is expected to aid in the implementation of these methods.
- Operate Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) and Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) Instrumentation
- Explore novel sample preparation techniques.
- Determine potential instrument configuration to run tests.
- Summarize and transfer learnings to the team.
Baxter is targeting students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or related major
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Prior laboratory experience or experience operating analytical instrumentation is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, adaptive to change, and collaborative
- Actively involved in campus or community activities and organizations, preferably in leadership roles