Bayer Biology & Plant Biotechnology Job Vacancy – R&D Specialist II
At Bayer, we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where, Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity, and sheer dedication, always learning from the unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities, and redefining the ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Job Title: R&D Specialist II (Plant Biotechnology)
- Master’s degree in Biology or related field with 1 or more years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience OR High School
- Diploma with 10 or more years of relevant experience in academia or industry;
- Proficiency with experimental design, data analysis, and troubleshooting;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to work in a production tissue culture lab environment;
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot automation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks across teams and functions;
- Ability to expand knowledge base through continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results within established timelines;
- Ability to work in a Greenhouse environment with varying temperatures;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the business, including weekend shifts and holidays as needed.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Science Management or closely related life sciences field;
- Prior experience in people leadership in a laboratory environment;
- Prior experience managing day-to-day laboratory operations;
- Two or more years of experience in cell biology and/or tissue cultures;
- Broad understanding of basic plant regeneration techniques;
- Experience with scientific databases such as LIMS.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Research and Development Specialist ll (Plant Biotechnology) are to:
- Deliver and be accountable for production and research targets in a cell biology and plant transformation lab;
- Work under strict timelines and according to prioritization;
- Plan and execute experiments independently and in collaboration with peers and lab members;
- Operate lab automation instruments and troubleshoot as needed;
- Collect and analyze production and quality control data;
- Coordinate work and usage of lab resources with peers, contractors, and stakeholders;
- Initiate, coordinate and be accountable for cross-functional work;
- Take the initiative to solve problems using internal and external support, multiple data sources, and input from peers and lab members;
- Use a good decision-making process to proceed or pause work as appropriate while understanding downstream impact;
- Adhere to established protocols and good laboratory practices for safety and compliance;
- Maintain detailed research record, ELN (Electronic Laboratory Notebook) documentation, and LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System);
- Develop and improve protocols to optimize existing and new lab workflows and commit to operational excellence.
Bayer Biology & Plant Biotechnology