Bayer Scientist II Recombination-Technology Development Vacancy
The purpose of this role is to design key research projects to scientifically advance plant biology innovations and/or solve critical challenges for row crop plant breeding with the most advanced technologies, novel concepts, and cross-functional collaboration to implement solutions in a region or crop pipeline.
Job Title: Scientist II Recombination-Technology Development
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Scientist ll Recombination, are to:
- Be responsible to scientifically advance plant biology innovations and/or solve critical challenges in the areas of genome and reproductive systems;
- Be responsible for research design, execution, and analysis to enable high quality data-driven decisions;
- Be responsible for organizing, documenting, and reporting research
outcomes in a timely manner;
- Be responsible to partner with patent science to capture IP and secure FTO for novel concepts;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary scientists across the organization to develop new concepts, and implement research outcomes in a region or crop pipeline;
- Be accountable to provide project and technical leadership through matrix relationships;
- Be accountable to make progress towards key project milestones while communicating timely status updates and any challenges or revisions to planned next steps;
- Actively troubleshoot and problem-solve to optimize research procedures;
- Limit travel to regional sites, business meetings, and external conferences to develop business relationships and understanding of leading-edge technologies.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least seven years relevant experience, or Master of Science with at least five years of relevant experience, or Ph.D. with at least three years relevant experience;
- Conduct research and contributes to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Design, conduct and interpret complex experiments.
- Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals, primary author for scientific reports;
- Effectively communicate research findings;
- Assume project leadership and/or supervisory functions;
- Apply defined scientific principles to solve complex scientific problems;
- Exploit new developments from the scientific literature to aid in problem solving;
- Demonstrate a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement;
- Foster team-based approach to research;
- Interact with colleagues in other functions and other departments to solve problems;
- Research experience in assay development and system improvement related to improving plant performance and understanding the biological mechanisms of plant and environment interaction;
- Experience working with crops such as corn, rice, soybean, or wheat in laboratory, GH and field settings;
- Experience with patent search and writing patent applications.
- Experience in meiotic or homologous recombination and chromosomal cross-over mechanisms and/or experience with linkage analysis, mapping, disequilibrium and associated technologies and/or experience with DNA (double strand break) repair and
- DNA replication mechanisms’
Keep abreast of new science and technological developments and exploit them to continuously improve functional area capabilities.
Bayer Scientist II Recombination