Bimbo QSR Intern – Lab Technician Bakery Research and Development
Bimbo QSR Intern – Lab Technician Bakery Research and Development. One Man. One Truck. In 1955, we started as a single bakery in Chicago Illinois, delivering freshly made buns to our customers from one delivery truck.
Intern-Lab Technician-Bakery-Research and Development
Bimbo QSR located in Zanesville Ohio is looking for an Intern to work a six month assignment onsite in our R&D Lab supporting the development of new and existing products. This is a great opportunity for a college student in Culinary, Baking Science or other applicable studies.
- Assisting R&D in the creative development of new & existing product development lab work. Focus will be on working with the R&D scientist, baking, weighing ingredients, mixing and tasting products for samples that will be shipped to customers.
- Assist in creating lab prototypes of new products for submission to customer, this is a hands-on position and making of samples is required.
- Assist in preparing new product samples for sales and marketing presentations and ensure samples are of the highest quality and representative of plant made products
- Works closely with other members of the new product development team in developing formulations and baking products.
- Maintain the required hygiene, safety and quality standards on the production floor
- Perform all other duties assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Technical competence in art and science of baking, culinary, food science or desire to learn
- Creativity and passion for food and new product development
- Effective organizer – can handle several projects at the same time and can take product from conception
- Effective communicator – able to listen effectively
- Strong in follow-up – must catch every detail
- Baking or culinary skills
- Computer skills
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
Preferred: Flexible on education requirements if currently enrolled in college.
- BS or Associate, a degree in Food Science, Culinary Arts, Science related (biology, microbiology, chemistry) or Diploma or certificate training in baking.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer