Bio-Rad Research Associate Job – Biology/Biochemistry/Life Science
Bio-Rad Laboratories is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the R&D team as technical liaison for Marketing and Business Development groups exploring new opportunities spanning the entire quality control product portfolio. This position requires a working knowledge of clinical chemistry, immunoassay diagnostics, laboratory testing, experimentation, critical thinking and investigative reasoning to advance R&D’s Marketing Support Request program (MSR).
Job Title: Research Associate III
Location: Irvine, California, United States
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a related life science or technical discipline
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology with experience in a technical related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ industry experience in an FDA-regulated environment, preferably IVDs.
- Safely work with potentially infectious human pathogens in controlled laboratory conditions.
- Experience in the In Vitro Diagnostic or medical device manufacturing industry preferred.
- Able to follow instructions with desire and willingness to work effectively independently and/or in cross-funtional teams where tact and collaborative efforts prevail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to critically review and summarize data a must.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) – technical writing a plus.
- Practical working knowledge of Quality Systems Regulations (QSR), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 13485 standards a plus.
- Knowledge of scientific related priciples, theories and application.
- Proficient in computer software programs such as MS Word, Excel, or comparable.
Performs assignments and tasks of moderate scope and complexity associated with R&D’s Marketing Support program that include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts moderate to complex assessments, evaluations and studies.
- Uses various design and statistical tools to aid in study plan creation, data analysis and assessment.
- Prepares written reports to summarize, document and communicate findings and recommendations in an efficient and clear manner.
- Acts as technical liaison for Marketing and Business Development.
- Participates in variuos product improvement and enhancement efforts.
- Maintains accurate and complete R&D records and laboratory notebooks, MSR logs and files.
Bio-Rad Research Associate