Biogen Co-op Program For Biochemistry Candidates – Apply Online
Co-op: Biotherapeutics and Medicinal Sciences. Biogen is seeking an enthusiastic scientist to join our team in the Biotherapeutics and Medicinal Sciences Department as a full-time co-op student for 6 months. The co-op student will learn and apply hydrogen/deuterium exchange (HDX) methodology into biological drug discovery and new method development in ASO conjugated antibodies. The position requires candidates to be passionate about protein science and developing advanced analytical methods in a cross-functional environment and willing to solve challenging problems.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Department: Interns & Co-ops
This is for a 6-month position from July – December 2021.
The co-op student will become a member of our analytical biochemistry group, working closely with the biological drug discovery team to support multiple projects.
Applying mass spectrometry (MS)-based HDX methods into a routine use
Utilizing these methods in facilitating biological drug discovery, such as protein-protein interactions, protein-ligand interactions, epitope and paratope mapping
Developing new method in characterize ASO conjugated antibodies
To participate in the Biogen Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
The position requires a B.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or other related fields. Ph.D. or M.S. candidate is preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Experience in protein mass spectrometry and knowledge about protein structure and biology as pluses
- Experience in LC-MS analysis, HDX preferred.
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving ability
- Passionate about learning and taking on new challenges
- Strong collaborator and team player
Biogen Co-op Program