Bioinformatics Research Post Doc @ Boehringer Ingelheim
Bioinformatics Research Post Doc-2216203. Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Job – Research & Development
Primary Location – Americas-US-IA-Ames
Organization – US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Schedule – Full-time
The primary role of this position is to conduct bioinformatic analysis within animal health to provide targets for vaccine and therapeutic solutions.
The incumbent is accountable for developing analysis pipelines and computational algorithms across diverse biological research projects. They will be responsible for the design, interpretation, and presentation of analyzed results and generate actionable conclusions. The individual be part of a small, highly collaborative bioinformatics team and will need to demonstrate agility, accountability, and innovation in everyday work.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis multi-OMICs studies; including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, single-cell sequencing, and metagenomics
- Effectively communicate and defend own work, orally and in writing, in the context of the company and team goals at meetings
- Create individual animal species specific work-flows based on homology, literature searches and computational approaches
- Attend scientific meetings and perform literature searches to propose, evaluate and implement new bioinformatic packages to grow the teams scientific analysis toolbox
- Creation of computational pipelines and generation of scripts, specifically R, Python or Perl, to facilitate data analysis and presentation
- Utilize machine learning and/or artificial intelligence to perform data-driven analyses investigating associations between diseases and genetic or treatment conditions
- Assists in laboratory experiments to generate, process and analyze next generation sequencing data
- Demonstrates a contemporary level of technical proficiency and train junior level scientists
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national and local authority regulations
Bioinformatic Post-Doc Requirements:
- PhD from an accredited institution in bioinformatics or other related computational biology field
- Strong background in computational sciences.
- Background in infectious disease and animal health is preferred
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Ability to create written scientific reports and protocols, and strong verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to clearly articulate scientific and operational concepts of vaccine research across functions.
- The role requires highly motivated, dependable and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Bioinformatics Research Post Doc