Biological Safety Technician Intern Recruitment at Arthrex
Biological Safety Technician Intern Recruitment at Arthrex. Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopaedics. The Biological Safety Laboratory team is located at Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc. (AMIE) in Ave Maria, FL and is seeking a Fall 2021 Intern to join and support the team. The selected student will be responsible for supporting the execution of chemistry and microbiological testing of AMIE and Global monitoring programs. The successful candidate will learn aspects of Microbiological and Chemistry testing, both the importance behind this analysis and practical application to the medical device field. Progress towards a Chemistry or Life Science degree is required for this position.
Biological Safety Technician Intern
The date on company: Aug 23, 2021
Location: Ave Maria, FL, US, 34142
Requisition ID: 49958
Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02)
Location: Ave Maria, FL
The ideal candidate will be available from September 2021 – December 2021 and have the availability to work 40 hours per week at our Ave Maria, FL facility.
To learn the aspects and importance of Microbiology and Bioburden testing while providing Biological Safety Laboratory testing support and execution to routine Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc. (AMIE) and Global monitoring programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Microbiological tests and tasks to support Routine and Global testing.
- Assist in Biological sampling and tests to support AMIE Monitoring Program.
- Assist in maintaining the Biological Safety Laboratory systems and documentation.
- Provide contributors with study information and updates.
- Maintain sample receipt and log in to the database.
- Laboratory maintenance and cleaning.
- This is an in-office position located in Ave Maria, FL; it is not a remote position.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Progress towards a college degree in Biology, Microbiology or Chemistry is required. (Students who have recently graduated are only eligible to work as an intern/co-op up to six months from their graduation date.)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.
- Be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Basic knowledge in aseptic techniques is preferred.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.