Biology & Biochemistry Scientist Vacancy – Thermo Fishers Scientific
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Scientist 3, Analytical Development
Location Princeton, New Jersey, US
Job ID: 204714BR
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Ph.D. in scientific fields like Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- With a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 5 years of industry experience related to biologics analytical method development
- With a Master’s degree, a minimum of 3 years of industry experience related to biologics analytical method development
- With a Ph.D., experience with developing various analytical methods in an academic setting, and a minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with plate-based methods, including proper pipetting technique using multi-channel pipettes
- Hands-on experience with Softmax Pro software
- Understanding of cGMP requirements, including good documentation practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to review and evaluate the writing of others
How will you make an impact?
- As an Analytical and Formulation Scientist, you will play a key role in method development to support the structural characterization of biopharmaceuticals at all stages of clinical development
- Primary responsibilities will include performing routine testing for plate-based methods, protocol and report writing, data recording and reviewing as well as troubleshooting method and/or process-based challenges
- Secondary responsibilities for the scientist include acting as a project lead in a Customer facing role and serving as the main point of contact for inter/intra-departmental tasks
- Intensively analyze data, troubleshoot, and draw conclusions, with the ability to document and present their conclusions (both internally and externally)
We operate in a diverse environment composed of project teams with individuals from multiple departments and sites; as a team, we work in a dynamic, fast-paced, complex setting to deliver on our commitments.
- Critical thinking, determination to succeed, focus on quality and innovation, the willingness and courage to push the boundaries on the possible, and the drive to deliver are key attributes!
What will you do?
- Perform routine testing for plate-based methods, including residual HCP, residual Protein
- A, binding ELISA and qPCR for residual DNA testing
- Plan, execute and report on analytical method evaluations for plate-based methods.
Lead internal and external projects by acting as an analytical subject matter expert (SME)
- Lead method transfer to Quality Control laboratories
- Troubleshoot out-of-trend results for plate-based methods
- Review protocols, reports, laboratory notebooks and other documentation of other scientists on the team
Biology & Biochemistry Scientist