Biotech Summer Internship 2022 at Takeda Pharmaceutical
Biotech Summer Internship 2022 at Takeda Pharmaceutical. Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people’s lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
Mass Bio Biotech Intern
Job ID: R0060924
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is hiring interns for summer 2022! Are you looking for a patient-focused company that empowers you to shine?
The Biotech Summer Internship is a 12-week program where you will sharpen your skills through a variety of experiences. At the end of the internship, you will have gained valuable experience, an in-depth understanding of concepts taught in school, and a network to use in the future. This role is designed to challenge interns and contribute to their future careers.
Program Features Include
The following departments are offering internships:
- Manufacturing– responsible for learning, understanding, and leading manufacturing processes or team and support systems that ensure quality and safe delivery of product. Requires enrollment in: Hard Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) or Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Biochemical)
- Engineering- support our manufacturing environment by troubleshooting machines, designing floor plans, calculating life cycles of manufacturing equipment, working with the distillation process. Requires enrollment in: Engineering(Chemical, Mechanical, Biochemical)
- Manufacturing Sciences – work with the manufacturing floor to create process optimization, yield development, feasibility studies, and cycle time reductions. Requires enrollment in: Chemical Engineering and related fields
- Business Excellence- review the process of the manufacturing site and find ways to better produce our products. Work with trained AGILE Champions and Six Sigma experts. Requires enrollment in: Business, Data Science, Operations, or other related technical fields.
- Two start dates: May 31st or June 13th
- Expected completion of the internship is Late August or early September 2022
What you bring to Takeda:
- Must be pursuing Associate, Bachelor’s or Master degree
- Junior or Senior academic standing
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Combination of sedentary work and standing/walking observation
- You will work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Gowning requirements include a wearing protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- May work in a cold, wet environment
- Can work several shifts, including weekends.
- Work several shifts and overtime may be necessary
- May be asked to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
What Takeda can offer you:
Program features include:
- Each Intern is assigned a peer mentor to help introduce them to Takeda’s corporate values.
- Developments in areas specific to your education and interests.
- Exposure to Takeda’s technologies, products, and global environment.
- Opportunities to attend networking and development events.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.