Boehringer Ingelheim Bacterial Research Scientist Job Vacancy 2022
Performs customary scientific/lab duties with minimal supervision. Participates/assists in the design and execution of non-routine experiments. Performs all work in conformance with applicable regulations. Performs all work in a safe manner. The scope of responsibility is primarily within the scientific/laboratory environment and immediate discipline.
Job Title: US_Scientist II, Bacterial Research-225882
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related scientific discipline; or a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related scientific discipline with no experience.
- Hands-on experiences in the science of bacteriology and the control of bacterial infections including structural biology, cultivation of and analysis of microbes is essential.
- Hands-on experience with microbiology techniques.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Apply knowledge of basic theory and scientific principles
- Able to draft portions of technical reports
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts and apply them appropriately with minimal supervision
- Concise and accurate reporting of technical data and information
- The appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
- Requires highly motivated, dependable, and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides an opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and the opportunity to directly contribute to the company’s success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and completes customary procedures in an independent and efficient manner, with minimal supervision; Independently operates and is responsible for scientific/lab equipment; Troubleshoots effectively.
- Demonstrates technical ability to assist in the design and execution of non-routine experiments with supervision.
- Applies basic scientific principles with minimal guidance; Performs literature searches and extracts relevant information from published protocols.
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly analyze data/results and interpret the outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up.
Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing; Contributes to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provide input for scientific reports.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Ensure laboratory facility and equipment are well maintained.
- Stay current with policies and SOPs regarding safe operations in the laboratory. Ensure for being clear and up-to-date with respect to the safety and handling of infectious agents.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national, and local authority regulations.
Boehringer Ingelheim Bacterial Research