Campbell Hiring Food Science Candidates – Apply Online
The R&D Scientist II for the Front of Funnel Innovation team will directly support ideation and development of horizon 2 innovation for brands across the Meals and Beverages division. This role partners closely with cross functional teams such as Consumer Insights, Marketing, Culinary, Packaging, and Process Engineering
Job Title: Scientist II
Location: USA – NJ – Camden
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, or related field required. Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience required or a minimum of 2 years experience required for Masters’ degree.
• Ability to express ideas and concepts both in written and oral format.
• Strong skills in commercializing products/processes in the manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and seek creative solutions.
• Highly effective team player; willing to contribute to a wide variety of areas.
• Strong oral and written communications as well as presentation skills are required.
• Superior record keeping of work results, data and analysis required.
• Superior analytical and risk-based decision-making skills with a strong understanding of process development and food science.
• Physical ability to handle weights of approximately thirty pounds.
• Ability to walk/stand up at times for up to 75% of the workday.
• Willingness and ability to taste and evaluate a wide range of food products and ingredients.
• Kitchen, Pilot Plant, and manufacturing plant environment exposes the employee to heat and hot food products, coolers, freezers, requiring the use of personal protective equipment.
• Anticipated travel of 10-20% to R&D locations, manufacturing plants, or vendor locations.
• Proficient technical R&D expertise with strong understanding of early innovation, scale up/manufacturing
• Knowledge of financials and business acumen (P&L’s, ingredient costing)
• Demonstrate organizational and planning skills. Help in the development and execution of project timelines, which includes contingency planning. Understanding and ability to execute proper Design of Experiments and scientific principles to deliver results.
• Validate products idea through early pilot plant or manufacturing facilities to assess the consumer acceptability and manufacturing capability; explore opportunities for future external partnerships to improve speed, safety, and compliance of early consumer touch bases.
• Maintain awareness of industry developments and pursue ingredient, product, or technology advances for application to new and innovative product initiatives.
The successful candidate will synthesize product and behavior trends, consumer insights, and emerging technologies to brainstorm innovation that attracts new consumers or new consumer use occasions to Campbells. The successful candidate will be able to independently manage complex technical projects, fully understand and explain the importance of basic scientific principles as well as experimental design, navigate ambiguity to drive projects forward, and then clearly manage and communicate results to project teams. The research work involves, but is not limited to, new processing technologies, new ingredients, thorough understanding of current shelf-stable processing technologies and procedures, and consumer testing and validation.
The individual in this role will work with minimal supervision to execute these objectives and must possess an excellent knowledge base of technical principles and experimentation with creative problem-solving and ideation skills. The position requires the ability to rapidly explore multiple iterations while being open to evolve projects as new information is learned.
This position will report directly to Senior Manager R&D, M&B Front of Funnel Innovation.
Campbell Hiring Food Science