Cargill Beauty R&D Intern 2022, Applications Invited
Cargill Beauty R&D Intern 2022, Applications Invited. Cargill in the United States of America (USA) is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since the first grain storage facility began operations on the American frontier in 1865, Cargill businesses in the USA have grown to include risk management and financial solutions, animal nutrition, farm services, salt, energy, sweeteners and more.
Beauty R&D Intern 2022
Job ID: 148552
Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota | Wayzata, Minnesota | Plymouth, Minnesota
Date posted on the company website: 08/17/2021
Internships at Cargill:
Envision an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an important part of the team! Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. As an intern, you will encounter real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce!
The Beauty Applications within Research & Development (R&D) function at Cargill will provide students the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn and work with Cargill business units/function to provide solutions to customers.
You will be assigned to a project or multiple projects that will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work activities. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies.
- Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development.
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Your internship project(s) will be focused on development of beauty applications and will present opportunities to :
- Execute hands-on laboratory work for developing skin care, hair care and oral care products following good laboratory practices. Formulations can include variety of cosmetics and over the counter products (OTC) from concept/ideation to finished product based on project needs.
- Conducting studies and testing for understanding properties and interactions of raw materials. Interpreting results of laboratory studies conducted.
- Maintaining thorough and accurate documentation and reports. Set product specifications and write manufacturing procedures.
- Conducting stability testings and other evaluation techniques based studies for efficacy assessment of raw materials, complying with Cargill rules on EHS (environment, health and safety) and safety protocols.
During your internship experience, you will be assigned projects, participate in company events and community events, and will have the opportunity to network with and learn from different levels of company management. Upon completion of the summer, you will have the opportunity to present a summary of your learnings and experiences to management, your colleagues, and your peers.
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement are available to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are encouraged to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and maximize our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups Include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
Job Location: Plymouth, MN
Required Qualifications for Cargill Beauty R&D Intern:
- Summer before final year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate degree, graduating between December 2022 – May 2023
- A degree in Cosmetic Science/Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a degree in a related science/technology field is required
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience using basic chemical laboratory instrumentation
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to the Plymouth, MN (Minneapolis, MN) area for this internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2022)
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale is preferred
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cosmetic Science or Cosmetic Technology is preferred
- Experience in personal care product development and formulation experience in skin, hair, and oral care categories
- Experience using cosmetic raw materials
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making
- Strong leadership and technical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.