Cargill Plant Microbiologist Vacancy 2021 – Candidates Apply
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
Job Title: Plant Microbiologist
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of microbiology concepts, theories, and techniques
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Prior work experience or knowledge related to industrial microbiology, industrial fermentation, or high sterility fermentation
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Microbiologist will provide general knowledge in the areas of fermentation, microbiology, and related plant processes to lead change and improve production processes. In this role, you will strengthen the performance of food manufacturing as you provide an indirect contribution of technical knowledge and support for projects and problems related to fermentation and spore production processes.
• Assist in the development of processes and practices to promote knowledge and standards sharing across the company and with suppliers such as contract manufacturing organizations, standard operating procedures, and benchmarking.
• Design training materials and train employees in areas of responsibility to sustain and improve plant performance within a specific group or department.
• Develop, deploy and sustain microbial seed stocks for production fermentation.
• Develop the design and execution of laboratory trials, identify trends and troubleshoot activities to provide knowledge and add value to the organization and to suppliers’ products, processes, and equipment.
• Perform continuous assessment of routine to difficult and varied analytical measurement systems used to drive production decisions to ensure accuracy of systems, equipment, and parameters.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Cargill Plant Microbiologist Vacancy