Cargill Protein Food Science R&D Intern 2022
Cargill Protein Food Science R&D Intern 2022. Cargill in the United States of America (USA) is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since the first grain storage facility began operations on the American frontier in 1865, Cargill businesses in the USA have grown to include risk management and financial solutions, animal nutrition, farm services, salt, energy, sweeteners and more.
Protein Food Science R&D Intern 2022
Job ID: 142132
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Date posted on the company website: 08/04/2021
Internships at Cargill:
Envision an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an important part of the team! Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. As an intern, you will encounter real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce!
Protein Food Science R&D Internship:
The Protein Research & Development (R&D) function at Cargill will provide students with a career interest and an Animal and/or Food Science related academic background, the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn and work with Cargill business units/functions to provide solutions to customers.
In this position, summer interns will have the opportunity to work with our team of food scientists in our Protein business while learning new product development processes like formulation setup, USDA guidelines, understanding ingredient usages, shelf-life evaluation, experimental design, sensory evaluation and least-cost formulations. Interns will be responsible for leading at least one summer project with the supervision of their summer manager. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to network with cross-functional teams in the Cargill Protein North America group as well as the chance to learn more about customer-focused innovation projects and high-performance innovation projects across our business.
You will be assigned to a project or multiple projects that will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work activities. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies.
- Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development.
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Your internship project(s) will be within one of our customer channels (Retail, Foodservice, or Protein Ingredients and International) or may span across multiple channels.
- One or more projects may be customer driven in nature, allowing you to work across multiple business functions (R/D, pilot plant, marketing, business, supply chain, sensory).
- One or more projects may be supportive/exploratory independent research. This could be gathering information and insights about new technologies that support current projects or business needs.
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement are available to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are encouraged to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and maximize our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups Include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Summer before final year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree graduating between December 2022 – May 2023, or currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate degree
- A degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, or related technical science degree is required
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for this internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2022)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making
- Strong leadership and technical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet