Catalent Pharma Solutions Lab Assistant (Intern) Recruitment
Catalent Pharma Solutions Lab Assistant (Intern) Recruitment. Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Lab Assistant (Intern)
Location: San Diego, CA
Catalent Pharma Solutions is looking to hire a Lab Assistant (Intern) for multiple departments, on our San Diego, CA team. Through guided mentorship, the Student Intern program offers students a fun and stimulating environment to gain lab experience and exposure to pharmaceutical chemistry development. Lab Assistants will have the opportunity to learn analytical chemistry techniques such as: volumetric analysis, spectroscopy, and liquid chromatography.
**This is a part time, YEAR-ROUND student internship all students are required to commit 15-20 hours per week – (Graduates will not be considered).
***Only LOCAL candidates will be considered.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Clean laboratory glassware.
- Perform maintenance on designated laboratory equipment and order supplies.
- Prepare buffers and laboratory reagents.
- Document experiments in a laboratory notebook.
- Assist in experiments under the supervision of a full-time scientist.
- May also perform routine experiments without supervision.
The Candidate (requirements)
- Must currently be a full-time student, in good academic standing, with a major in life sciences. Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology majors (with a focus in Chemistry) are strongly encouraged to apply. Graduates are not eligible for this role and therefore will NOT be considered.
- Completion of Organic Chemistry Coursework is required. Prior experience in chemistry and chemistry lab techniques are strongly recommended.
- Candidates should be highly self-motivated, organized, and able to work as part of a team.
- Availability to work 15-20 hours a week during the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (no exceptions).
- Housing assistance is NOT available for this role. Local candidates will ONLY be considered.
- Relocation Assistance is NOT available for this position. Local candidates will ONLY be considered.
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops