Cepheid Research Associate Intern – Applications Invited
Cepheid Research Associate Intern – Applications Invited. Today, Cepheid operates within the Danaher family of Operating Companies. With a patient-centric approach, the Company is striving to deliver the benefits of seamlessly accessible molecular testing closer to the patient, enabling a higher quality of care, lower costs, and improved outcomes.
Job Title: Research Associate Intern
Job Location: SE Bothell, Washington, United States of America
Job ID: R1129482
About the Summer Internship Program:
- Our internship opportunities are the gateway for your entry into the exciting world of molecular diagnostics by enabling you to put your academic training and passion to work for a global company whose products impact health care every day.
As an intern, you’ll be part of a team developing rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics – from ideation and innovation through development and delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology and oncology applications. It takes people willing to bring their whole selves to work, operating with imagination, with initiative and achieving more than they ever thought possible.
About the Department:
- The Biotechnology and Advanced Chemistry Technology group is focusing on developing real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The intern will work with Scientists and other team members to perform pre-clinical research and development work such as real time PCR assay design, development and verification.
- During this internship, you will have an opportunity learn, support, plan and execute laboratory research, demonstrate appropriate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others while developing PCR assays for detection of bacteria, viruses, and for tracking host biomarkers. The candidate will have opportunities to interface with various internal departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the GeneXpert platform for detection of bacteria and viruses or towards tracking of host biomarkers.
- Help develop strategies for development of complex in vitro diagnostic tests.
- Help develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Bothell, Washington
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor or Master degree program, with major in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related areas.
- Experience on real time PCR assay and other molecular biology assays is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in chemistry and chemical technology is a plus.
- As part of Cepheid’s Biosafety and Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan, any associate who will be working with biohazardous materials or those who are required to work where others are using biohazardous materials, will be required to show proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination and take a biosafety training.
- For associates who are not vaccinated but are willing to be, Cepheid will schedule the vaccination with our occupational health clinic before the intern goes into the lab.
- Hiring managers and Cepheid’s Biosafety Officer will determine which internships fall under this requirement.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.