Coca-Cola Food Science Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online
Coca-cola job opening 2021. They are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. They act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible, and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves.
Job Title: Scientist III, Global Category Innovation, Innovation & Continuity
Location: Atlanta, GA US
Job ID: R-57421
Time Type: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Must possess 2-3 years of successful experience in product development in the beverage industry
- Basic knowledge of the organic chemistry of essential oils and other flavor compounds that is relevant to Company products along with the basic knowledge and ability to apply flavor manufacturing and the processes used such as distillation, extraction, and blending are needed
- Must possess knowledge of key ingredients used in the production of flavors, concentrates, and beverage bases
- Must have moderate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of chromatography data systems is required
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility through written reports and verbal presentations with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers, or the Company is needed
- Must possess the ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
- Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools, and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion is ideal
What We Can Do For You
Purpose Driven: Purpose-driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
Global Connections: This allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Development of lab-scale prototypes, producing pilot plans for both beverage-based parts and final products. Prepares beverages and conducts analytical tests on taste and/or odor according to sensory guidelines, including qualifying taste panelists.
- Designs, produces, and evaluates/assesses, through lab testing, a product prototype/sample against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications.
- Provides expertise and recommendations of best practices for production of beverage-based part or finished products during production trials with the plants or bottling partners, which includes consulting line managers as appropriate on milestones and general guidelines and proactively provides advice inside & outside the R&D community.
- Performs chemical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the composition of samples and prepares samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses.
- Designs, develops, conducts, and/or reviews experiments in order to deliver new products and evaluates ingredient, product, or packaging safety, efficacy, or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products, or processes.
- Writes detailed & accurate reports for analyses, experiments or projects. Gathers and organizes information under tight timelines to support senior management’s decision-making.
- Participates in team projects, interdepartmental/divisional committees, or company-wide initiatives in order to share information, represent the department/division perspective, or assist with product development, process modification, package development, and marketing.
- Works on product development projects assigned by the line manager from idea generation to formula finalization through close discussion and alignment with the Technical and Marketing team and all other stakeholders.
- Leverages prior education, suppliers, and literature to innovate within the scope of briefs provided by other technical experts or supervisors.
- Applies food science knowledge of ingredients, packaging, processing to assure safe and high-quality products.
- Participates in commercialization scale test at manufacturing line with QA and commercialization team if needed.
- Leads project meetings within the category, cross-functionally with marketing, customer management or technical groups. Manages, coaches, and trains students, technicians or junior developers on specific project/tasks
Coca-Cola Food Science