Colgate -Palmolive Food Safety Team Leader – Apply Online
Colgate hiring Quality Food Safety Team Leader. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in biology and food science may apply for the job opening at Colgate. Colgate announces job vacancy 2021, Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Title: Quality Food Safety Team Leader
# 112185 – Topeka, Kansas, United States
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Engineering, Biology, Food Science or other related fields
Or Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of Food Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- 1+ years food safety experience
- Experience in Cleaning and Sanitation programs
- Certification in PCQI, HACCP or GMP
Preferred qualifications include:
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- 3+ years food safety experience
- Intermediate application of SAP experience
- Auditing and compliance experience
- SQF/ Food Defense Certification
Expected Areas of Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize computer applications, i.e. spreadsheets, databases, and SAP
- Clear and effective communication
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of Food Auditing Schemes
The Quality Food Safety Team Leader leads the Food Safety team to ensure Company quality standards are met in the following areas:
- Food Safety Compliance: Understands and implements all plant, company and government standards for Food Safety, Environmental monitoring, HACCP, GMP’s and FSMA initiatives.
- Documentation / Communication: Ensures that the reporting of data and maintenance of records is documented. Additionally, interprets data and effectively communicates results to appropriate individuals, including management.
- Training and standardization: Develop, design, and delivers quality training, including new hire, new process, new equipment, and new policy training.
- Continuous Improvement: Understands and drives the Continuous Improvement of plant food safety processes and environmental monitoring performance issues.
- Cleaning / Sanitation: Understands, implements and maintains all plant equipment cleaning and sanitizing in an efficient and timely manner to ensure the plant is in compliance with all food safety requirements. Includes overseeing the monitoring of the sanitation program
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.)
- Responsible for execution and documentation of the Plant Food Safety Program. Includes documentation of all CCP, HACCP, FDA, and Product Release requirements and leading and coordinating Pest Control program.
- Responsible for conducting investigations of all Food Safety / Environmental / Micro non-conformance issues through utilization of CAPA process
- Manages LACF requirements and compliance. This includes the development and management of On-Shift Quality Assurance Technician requirements .
- Leads internal GMP, quality standards, and system audits for the facility
- Identifies and initiates quality improvements. Advises improvements to process, product, quality systems, and working instructions. Measures and report plant Quality KPI’s
Supervises compliance of Corporate & Plant quality SOPs and conducts internal auditing programs to ensure adherence.
- Assist with the execution and follow-up of regulatory, internal, and external audits (i.e. FDA, USDA, AIB, SQF, State, etc.)
- Provides Food Safety Training to the Plant Operations team based on compliance needs
Works with Plant Engineers to ensure proper Sanitary Equipment Food Design of new capital projects
Colgate -Palmolive Food Safety