Nestle Intern Quality Assurance – Apply Online
Nestle Intern Quality Assurance – Apply Online. We are the Good food, Good life company. We believe in the power of food to enhance lives. Good food nourishes and delights the senses. It helps children grow healthy, pets thrive, parents age gracefully and everyone live life to the fullest. Good food brings us together. Good food also respects our planet and protects resources for future generations.
Intern – Quality Assurance
Job ID: 21003044
Location: Fremont, MI
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Company: Nestle Nutrition
This position offers science students the opportunity to work in a quality assurance laboratory in a food manufacturing facility. The intern will be responsible for understanding and implementing all relevant Nestle laboratory compliance systems and procedures. Each intern will be assigned a project that will actively contribute to the quality and/or factory objectives under the supervisor of a highly capable mentor who can provide valuable coaching and feedback. At the conclusion of the work period, the project and general internship accomplishments will be presented to senior management.
- Provide a practical real-life solution to a manufacturing business technical project
- Work side by side with Gerber Associate Chemists
- Understand scientific principles required for food manufacturing
- Utilize the principles of Good Laboratory Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices to analyze in-process and finished goods using analytical techniques such as: wet chemistry, titration, and/or microbiological assays
- Work with a cross-functional team to implement quality objectives
- Work individually and with a supervisor/mentor to determine and achieve project goals
- Document and present project accomplishments to factory leadership
Analytical Methods and Tests
- Perform routine tests and laboratory analyses in both the chemistry and microbiology laboratories
- Show competency through successful training plan
- Utilize critical thinking to troubleshoot all testing/sampling and instrument abnormalities to ensure proper reporting of results
- Maintain lab instruments. Perform troubleshooting and minor repair.
- Timely reporting of results and trends. Reporting of abnormalities and taking immediate action.
- Create and maintain method monitoring with Excel or QStat programs
- Review laboratory data and conduct investigations of out of specification or out of trend results.
- Collects data independently or as part of a team and present a data summary using Excel and charting
- Perform peer review of laboratory data
- Perform method validations/verifications and complete final report
- Monitor conformance to internal control plans and quality monitor scheme
- Research, develop, and implement new analytical methods and instruments
- Ensure compliance to all Nestle laboratory LI’s and GI’s
- Maintain Good Laboratory Practices and Principles
- Responsible to follow and uphold all Food Safety and Quality, Occupational, Health, and Environment policies and procedures as pertains to role.
- Complete an impactful project and present to factory leadership
Employee shall follow Fremont Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report unsafe conditions immediately, report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of their job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Highly motivated and driven individual
- Currently attending school in a scientific discipline program in at least one of the following: Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology or equivalent
- Knowledge of analytical methods/instruments and laboratory safety
- Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical environment preferred
- Ability to communicate efficiently internally and externally
- Disciplined in execution to deliver reliable results in a timely manner
- Able to understand, clarify, and resolve complex problems or issues
- Excellent documentation skills
- Able to work and communicate with people of different backgrounds and technical levels
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, etc.)