Corning Summer Intern – Organic/Biochemical Lab Technician
Corning Summer Intern – Organic/Biochemical Lab Technician. Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Summer Intern, Organic/Biochemical Lab Technician
Date: Apr 28, 2021
Location: Corning, NY, US, 14831
Requisition Number: 46549
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group): Laboratory Technician / Research Technician in support of a biology lab
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Conducts experiments involving cell culture and assays.
- May analyze results using common biology lab techniques (cell counts and viability assays)
- Report the results to the group
Travel requirements (please note if international): none
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- M- F, 8 to 5.
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration):
- Student pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry and biotechnology focus.
- Focus on Safety
- Understanding of general knowledge of biology and chemistry at undergraduate level
- Hand-on experience of biology and chemistry lab
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing experiments.
- Mammalian cell culture techniques and cell-based assays.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Collaboration, team player
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.