Crop Innovation R&D Intern Vacancy @ Cargill – Apply Online
Envision an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an important part of the team! Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. As an intern, you will encounter real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce!
Job Title: Crop Innovation R&D Intern 2023
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO
- Have obtained at least a Senior-level standing in your Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate degree, graduating between December 2023 – May 2024
- A degree in Bioinformatics, Molecular Breeding, Plant Science, Genetics, Plant Biology or a related technical science degree is required
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for this internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2023)
- Candidates must have experience with statistical analysis using R or Python-based frameworks
- Candidate must understand the Scientific Method
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Statistical knowledge for experimental design and analysis
- Experience with mapping in complex genomes
- Knowledge of plant genetics
The expected hourly rate for this position is $22.00 – $27.00 per hour. Compensation decisions are dependent on graduation date.
At Cargill we put people first. As a co-op, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive.
Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid time off
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing and Relocation Assistance for those that qualify
- No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked.
Visit:https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more.
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and maximize our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
- Our U.S. Business Resource Groups Include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
Crop Innovation R&D Intern