Dow Process Operator Recruitment 2022 – Candidates Apply Online
Dow has exciting opportunities for Process Operators at the Texas City, Texas location. They are looking for top-caliber, technically capable Process Technicians/Operators who embrace change, adapt fast, make decisions quickly, possess self-confidence, and are lifelong learners. These positions require a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
Job Title: Process Operator
Primary location Texas City (TX, USA), Texas, United States of America
Schedule: Full time
Job Number: R2019208
High School Diploma or GED and one of the following is required:
- Associate/equivalent or higher degree in any field with a minimum of: 1 semester of College Algebra, 4 semesters of Science/Technology (computer, chemistry, biology, physics, environmental, mechanical) and 2 semesters of communication classes (computer, English, speech)
- In lieu of a degree Dow will consider those with four (4) or more years of military service in a technical specialty.
- Five (5) or more years of manufacturing experience as a Production Technician/Operator with demonstrated strong technical, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results.
- Ability to anticipate changes that will be required to complete projects.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend documents in English.
- Ability to work in an empowered team environment, including the ability to effectively communicate, share information, resolve issues, give and receive both positive and critical feedback in a respectful and professional manner.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Performing routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates, and transfer of products.
- Lift hoses and operate valves and similar equipment including the proper clearing and isolation of equipment.
- Follow operating discipline, procedures, and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation of assigned duties.
- Control, monitor, and make necessary adjustments on control systems and manually operated equipment.
- Troubleshoot process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems and identify equipment requiring maintenance.
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of maintenance and project work.
- Act as a resource for other Technicians on job tasks and prioritization of work activities.
- Take ownership for the accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
- Must certify on multiple roles which may include working as an inside Control Board Operator, Outside Operator or in a Relief Operator/Technician capacity, covering vacancies on multiple shifts
- Complete all duties as assigned with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship
- Advanced mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and successfully operate various mechanical machines, both manual and highly automated equipment.
- Valid US Driver’s License and ability to obtain forklift certification upon being hired.
- Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke-free and drug-free workplace policy.
- Work a rotating shift and overtime as required (including weekends & holidays).
- A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull.
- Frequent bending, reaching and lifting.
- Stand, walk, stoop, and twist.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Work at heights, climb stairs, scaffolding, and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment, as required, including but not limited to full face respirator or SCBA; and FRC clothing while performing outside duties.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
- Lift hoses and operate valves and similar equipment as a normal part of the job.
- Meet physical requirements for the emergency response team.
- Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
- Associate or higher degree in Process Technology, Industrial Engineering, Engineering,
- Chemical Instrumentation and /or Electrical or Computer Technology.
- Process Technology certification.
- Working experience at a Dow facility.
Dow Process Operator Recruitment