Firmenich Food Science Intern Vacancy – Apply Online
Internship to begin first week of June and goes through to the last week of August.,Looking to put your learning to the test and apply your education through an exciting summer opportunity?
Through our paid summer internship, students can discover all our industry has to offer. Our interns are given a hands-on, holistic view of what it takes to run a global Taste & Fragrance company. There is a growing demand of plant-based high protein foods in promoting both health and environment benefits.
The working hours are Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Princeton, NJ On-site
- Enrolled student in a bachelor’s program in food science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related.
- Have a passion to develop solutions for plant-based protein analogues in fat reduction, texture, mouthfeel, etc.
- Have an enthusiasm for laboratory work and benchtop prototyping
- Have teamwork skills
- Can deliver results under agreed upon deadlines
- Perform lab experiments and benchtop prototyping using food materials, e.g., plant proteins, fibers, hydrocolloids, etc.
- Characterize lab prototypes using scanning electron microscope, rheometer, differential scanning calorimetry, texture analyzer, etc.
- Conduct data analysis, interpret results, and make recommendations for next steps
- Operate lab equipment and instruments safely with supervision of scientists
- Keep accurate record of experimental materials, methods, and data
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Communicate results to project teams regularly and present research findings in department meetings
- The ability to be a part of a highly creative and imaginative team in an incredibly competitive and inspiring industry
- A fast-paced environment surrounded by some of the biggest talents and brands in the Taste & Beyond industry
Firmenich Food Science Intern