Food Safety Quality Regulatory Supervisor Vacancy – Cargill
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Title: Food Safety Quality Regulatory Supervisor
Job ID 247814
Location: Waco, Texas
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
Process Auditing experience
Job Purpose and Impact
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. In this role, you will support the leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology, testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. You will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitor regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and act as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification, customer food safety and quality requirements and reporting for the team.
Act as an intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implement product specification systems and drive continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participate in the preparation of plant tours and audits.
- Assist with various projects relating to safety, food safety, regulatory, environment, process improvement, engagement, training and others as needed.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
Food Safety Quality Regulatory