Food Safety Summer Internship at Michael Foods
Food Safety Summer Internship at Michael Foods. The Michael Foods family of businesses has grown to become a multi-billion dollar manufacturer of foodservice, food ingredient and retail offerings by introducing innovative products that have changed the food landscape. From helping restaurant owners enhance the quality of their menus, to supporting food manufacturers with premium ingredients, to satisfying countless consumers with our popular lines, we’re a proven, innovative leader in food.
Food Safety/Quality (FSQ) Summer Internship
Job Category: Intern
Requisition Number: FOODS13556
Posted: February 5, 2021
Locations: Wakefield, NE
The objective of a Food Safety/Quality Intern is to build capability and provide a pipeline of future talent for Michael Foods. An intern will be introduced to entry-level activities, which include but are limited to Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) and HACCP principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Intern will learn the practical application of:
- Assist in drafting, revision, and plant standard operating procedures. (primary focus of this current position).
- Act as a liaison between Production, Distribution, Sanitation, Maintenance, and the Quality Department.
- Participate in plant food safety/quality inspections, in-process inspections.
- Verify sanitary condition of production lines prior to start-up and after downtime requiring maintenance activity.
- Perform investigative environmental swabbing of critical production equipment/areas as a troubleshooting guide.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned by site QA manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Enrolled or attending an accredited 2 or 4-year college/university working towards a degree in Food Science, Biological Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Safety or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Word
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English) but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.