Genentech Hiring – Bioinformatics/Biotechnology Candidates Apply
This contract position provides the opportunity to implement and deliver bioinformatics tools for a wide range of applications working with proteomics. The candidate will join a team focused on infrastructure developments for proteomics and collaboration with many research groups in Genentech, working with both bioinformatics and bench biology teams.
- Develop high-performance bioinformatics software solutions for proteomics and integrate them into Python-based analysis system
- Collaborate with research teams for data analysis
- Drive the testing and maintenance of the algorithms and software modules
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proficiency (good scripting background) in Python and R
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools used for MS-based proteomics, RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, scRNA-Seq data processing
- Experience with version control (Gitlab), familiarity with issue tracking systems (i.e. JIRA), and container-based virtualization (Docker, Singularity)
- Familiarity with shared high-performance computing environments
- Experience in processing and integration of multi-omics data (proteomics, metabolomics, and genomics)
- Excellent analytical. communication, and organizational skills, with great attention to detail in coding practices
- Team-oriented focus and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus.
- Prior experience with testing and documentation is a plus