Genentech Hiring Summer Intern – Biology/Biochemistry Apply
Genentech internship. Responsible for safety, compliance, quality, technical expertise, hands-on small/pilot scale operations, innovation, and efficiencies to support scientific and technical operations to improve and optimize commercial plant performance and launching capability.We support and lead experimental design efforts and hands-on study execution, process make-assess-release troubleshooting, and technical transfer efficiencies as well as provide subject matter expertise for site/global process impact related investigations, and risk analysis efforts.
Job Sub Category Internships & Co-ops
Schedule Full time
Job Type Temporary (Fixed Term)
Job ID 202211-141047
Location Oceanside, California, United States of America
This internship position is located in OCEANSIDE.
- Support daily sampling, continuous trends and data monitoring, and assist in data analysis of small-scale and pilot plant upstream and downstream data. Monitoring and analysis of manufacturing data as necessary.
- Perform routine small-scale and pilot plant operations, including small-scale and pilot scale media/buffers preparation, 2L and 20L bioreactor, 100L single-use bioreactor (SUB), 400L bioreactor
- Maintaining and operating cell culture analytical instruments and hands-on execution of small-scale validation regarding standardization of Roche cell culture analytics.
- Involved in generating protocol and plan for execution of site dependent/validation studies to close any facility gaps and ensure successful PPQ/Campaign runs at commercial scale.
- Involved in study report generation and communicating final results to the project stakeholders, OCN TT teams, and transfer the knowledge to OCN MFG team.
- Intensive 12-weeks, full time (40 hours per week) paid internship.
- Program start dates are in May/June 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering and/or science-related field (eg. Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.); preferably completing a degree in 2023 or recent grads within two years
- The ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Having a fundamental understanding of CHO processes and experience with analytical instruments is preferred.
- High level of demonstrated initiative, exhibit flexibility in work approach and demonstrate strong follow through and accountability.
- Must be able to work on a team with diverse skills and objectives and interact with customers in a productive manner.
- Operational and technical troubleshooting skills and creative, flexible problem-solving skills are preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Along with the submission of your CV, a cover letter is optional.
Genentech Hiring Summer Intern