General Mills Hiring Food Science Specialist – Candidates Apply Online
The Finished Product Specifications Specialist is responsible for developing finished product specifications. They gather information from internal departments to create specifications and communicate specification changes to internal customers.
Job Title: FINISHED PRODUCTS SPECIFICATION SPECIALIST – MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Location: Golden Valley, Minnesota
Department: Food Safety & Quality
Location: This role requires for you to be in Minneapolis, MN and would need to be willing to come into office, if needed.
Req Id: 15338
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Labeling or related field
- 1 year + of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of product commercialization process from product design to manufacturing
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required to effectively network face-to-face with business teams
- Good organizational skills
- Self-directed, motivated and good time management
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, providing input on end-to-end timelines of projects on assigned platform
- Ability to prioritize what’s important and take action
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Office 365, and SharePoint
- Publish specifications: Work with a cross-functional team to ensure specifications are complete, consistent and are released in a timely fashion. Anticipate and effectively prioritize projects against changing business demands.
- Apply governance: Review specifications for conformance to performance standards and naming conventions. Identify specification inconsistencies and drive spec accuracy.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives: Execute ideas for process and system simplification and standardization. Proactively identify bottlenecks in the specification process and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate: Serve as one point of contact for all specification needs and lead early management activities. Build and maintain strong relationships with FSQ Product Managers, R&D, Supply Chain and other business team members. Summarize and report project activity for FPS and business teams.
- Share business process and system expertise: Provide just-in-time business process and system training to R&D team members on relevant specifications topics. Act as a connector between PLM resources and the business.
General Mills Hiring Food