H3 Biomedicine Inc Internship – Oncology Drug Discovery, Biology
H3 Biomedicine Inc Internship – Oncology Drug Discovery, Biology. H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.
Oncology Drug Discovery, Biology Internship
10-12 week paid internship
H3 Biomedicine Inc. [H3B] is searching for a dynamic Summer Intern to join our growing Biology team. The Intern will be supporting the mechanistic studies of a new target in our oncology programs. The successful candidate will have the chance to interact and collaborate cross-functionally with scientists in different departments including biology, chemistry, and biochemistry. S/he will also have the chance to participate in team meetings and observe the drug discovery process. This is a great opportunity for a student who wants to work in precision medicine.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry experiments to support the mechanistic studies of our ongoing oncology project
- Perform cell-based assays to assess the impact of small molecule inhibitors on cancer cell proliferation and/or differentiation
- Design, document and analyze experiments; maintain good written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions
- Assist in developing and executing a series of experiments to produce reproducible in vitro assays for drug discovery projects.
- Utilize contemporary immuno-oncology principles and technologies in the proposal and execution of experiments.
- Perform literature searches and follow current literature in support of research.
- Present the result as a poster at the end of the internship
- College senior students or graduate students majoring or considering a major in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or similar fields
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology or oncology. Must have taken general biology, molecular biology or similar courses
- Familiarity and experience with basic laboratory techniques in molecular biology, cell biology or biochemistry. (Including pipetting, PCR, cell culture, Western Blotting etc.)
- Demonstrate scientific engagement and motivation; willing to learn new techniques and ask questions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to solve problems and multitask
- Experience in cancer biology, a biopharma setting or a molecular biology lab