IFF Microbiology/Biology/Food Science Job – Quality Specialist
IFF’s Nutrition & Biosciences Division is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Quality Assurance & Food Safety team to be responsible for supporting the Rochester Operation’s Quality and Food Safety Assurance Systems. The primary function of this role is to assist the Rochester Quality Assurance and Food Safety Team in compliance with internal and external regulations, protocols and policies.
Job Title: Quality Specialist
Location: Rochester, NY, US, 14623
You are a qualified candidate if:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science, or related field, and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control, GMP’s,
- Food Safety, and regulatory compliance within the food or dairy industry.
- Experience working hands-on in a food or similar manufacturing environment.
- Experience with environmental sampling preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO-certified and/or GFSI (SQF or FSSC 22000) –certified environment.
- HACCP certification and working knowledge of HACCP food safety programs. Plus, experience with CCP validations, including metal detectors and X-ray machines, preferred. Experience verifying and validating Pre-Requisite Programs, a plus.
- Experience with training presentations relevant to GMPs, Food Safety, HACCP, etc., preferred.
- Must possess effective communication, interpersonal, team-building skills at various levels with other departments.
- Must possess strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work in-dependently.
- Team-based problem-solving of manufacturing quality events, a plus.
- Familiarity with CAPA (Corrective & Preventative Actions), a plus.
- Demonstrated computer skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:Ensures proper maintenance of the environmental sampling of the facility following established QA protocols.
- Communicate information about food safety programs and changes to plant staff and production operators.
- Promotes awareness of customer requirements concerning food/feed safety.
- Lead the site’s HACCP & Food Safety Team and manage the site’s food safety management system, including implementation and verification of HACCP and PRPs.
- Assist Quality Assurance Team members by being responsive to any problems relative to Quality Assurance functions and quickly and efficiently alleviate difficulties as necessary.
Leads the sites internal audit program to ensure compliance to appropriate regulations and standards
- Participate in team meetings to help outline work schedules and priorities.
Organize quality and food safety training, internal audits, quality meetings, etc.
- Coordinate documentation control and contribute to ensuring quality procedures are up-to-date, complete and properly followed, and coordinate any modifications in compliance with certification standards and company guidelines.
- Involved in investigations for non-conforming product with Quality and production departments; participate in RCFA as needed.
- Responsible to complete training and perform qualified individual tasks according to site’s Food/Feed Safety Plan.
- Interact at various levels with other departments and regulatory agencies.
Participate in customer audits by completing pre-audit questionnaires, presenting specific programs, contributing to and following up on corrective actions, as needed.
- Leads customer complaints, contributing to and following up on corrective actions, as needed.